Friday, October 10, 2008

Exam 1



We clustered in front of Cole Hall, with our baked and store-bought goods in hand. Once everyone appeared, we slowly made our way to the lecture hall. I entered first, carrying a plate of home-made brownies (triple chocolate) and placed the plate in the front of the lecture hall. After me, another 30 or so classmates streamed down the stairs of the lecture hall with their desserts.

It was so heartwarming to bake for the first year medical students. Today was their first exam of medical school, a milestone for many students. I remember how nervous and anxious we all were, huddled in front of Cole Hall. And how refreshing it was to see the former second years bring baked goods for us.

I made sure to schedule time for baking yesterday. Lately, my life has become before PDA and schedule-centric (story of my life). I usually get the store-bought desserts, but I wanted to put some effort in this little project. I know how hard the first years have been working in anticipation for this exam; I have been helping teach anatomy during MSP and answering questions (content and non-content based).

In the end, I hope everyone does not get too caught up in the score on the exam. And just remember that it's "pass now or pass later," the mantra I recite to myself a lot more now.

With the exam almost done for most of the first years, I wanted to wish them all a hearty congratulations on completing your first exam--one of many more to come!

No comments: