Sunday, November 2, 2008

Being DNA Polymerase


One genetic degree and two years of medical school later, I am amazed at what I have become. For Halloween, I probably selected one the most nerdy costumes (of all time). I was DNA Polymerase, the enzyme that replicates DNA.

My costume was complete with a homemade sign, spandex, loop earings, a replication fork necklace and an oversized shirt that read "How do you express yourself?"

It was funny watching people reading my sign and trying to figure it all out. My costume only works on the UCSF campus or around my science/medical school friends. So, I did have the perfect daytime and nighttime outfit.

I know...look what I have become- pretty scary!



Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure you meant to wear your "How do you replicate yourself" t-shirt.

Or maybe the RNA/DNA polymerase mix-up was used as a metaphor for expressing the confusion that is medical school. If so, bravo.

Eisha Z said...

Good call. I guess next year, I can be RNA polymerase with the shirt I already have.