Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Countdown Begins

"It is what it is." This has become my new motto, whenever I am asked about how board prep is going. Quite frankly, it's almost like pushing a heavy boulder up a mountain that keeps getting steeper with no end in sight.

At the same time, I realize this time shall pass and we'll move forward. It's just a temporary inconvenience.

The countdown to test day has begin, as I reach the one month mark.

A typical day for me consists of the following:
1. Study
2. School (usually just small group sessions)
3. Study some more
4. Exercise
5. Eat
6. Study
7. Sleep

And then repeat.
It's very regimented and monotonous. Not too exciting. Just got get through the next month.

We'll find out our third year schedules on Friday, which will give me a sense of what to expect for the next year. Once I know where I will be, I'll be able to finally RSVP to all the weddings and graduations I'm supposed to attend.

Aside from ongoing boards prep, we enter our last week of life cycle next week with our final on Thursday. According to some of my classmates, attendance to lectures has dropped off (~20-30 students). So sad. It's that time of the year, when all the second years disappear to study. Sigh.

We now enter full test training. Let the endurance training and countdown begin...

No comments: