Friday, August 21, 2009

A year wiser



"One year older, one year wiser." The words of a family medicine doctor on our last day, which happens to be my birthday.

I found my first gray hair today. I'm not sure if it's a sign of aging, or a product of being a third year of medical student.

Whatever the case, it's a sign of more to come.

On our last day of family medicine, we took an exam (what a way to celebrate a birthday) and had a cultural competency lecture. Lunch was a celebration of my birthday and the end of family medicine rotation with the three other medical students over lunch, a slice of pie and singing waiters. Oh, how I love surprises.

I look forward to this weekend off. A time to relax with my family and friends, reflect and celebrate being one year wiser and 33.33% done with third year of medical school.

No comments: