Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Panel

I really think every rite of passage for a UCD Alum attending UCSF is that you have to return to UCD and serve as a panelist on a UCSF medical student panel. And tonight, I completed this task along with two fellow classmates.

We made the 2 hour drive back to the college, driving down memory lane. We spent two hours presenting about UCSF, speaking about our undergraduate and medical experiences and addressing questions.

It's amazing how far we have come. The time of undergraduate education seems like another lifetime. I am barely a year out of school, but in that time I feel I have changed so much. Wow! Are we really growing up? I remember the days when I would be in the audience, on the edge of my seat, listening intently to hear the secret words from the successful applicants, which invariably resonated in the same tune of tonight's message: do what you love and maintain a balanced life.

Speaking of balanced life- I could really use some sleep (but I need to tackle tommorrow's small group questions).

No comments: