Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Weekend to Remember

All of San Francisco was outside this weekend. Why wouldn't you venture outdoors? The sun blanketed the entire city with enough warmth to awaken us from a winter stupor. The beautiful weather was long overdue, a nice reprieve from the rain of a few weeks ago.

I enjoyed this weekend to the fullest extent. We are merely one week into Metabolism and Nutrition and the work (both school and non-school related) is really starting to pile up. What's new? I finally pulled out the good old note book and starting making the epic "List of things to do," a remnant of undergraduate (and so I thought).

Honestly, there will always being something to do. It is just a matter of balancing your time and finding the right moments to be productive and not feeling guilty the rest of the time, which ends up being most of the time.

There are a limited number of sunny days in San Francisco, where you can walk out in flip flops and a t-shirt without thinking twice. I finally got to pull out the sun glasses and break in my shoes outdoors; I made my way to the expansive Golden Gate Park, exploring the rolling trails and enjoying the sights of the masses enjoying the sun. I had may fair share of Vitamin D as I basked in the sun and played Frisbee with friends.

My legs are still recovering from these two days, but my mind feels so much more clear and free of tension and stress (except for making lists of things to do during the week). I have lots of work to complete and I am already playing the catch-up game (the story of my medical school life). Oh well, here is to another week and hopefully more sunny days to venture out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just a note to say I love your blog - interesting reading, a point of view I can't find elsewhere!