Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Medical Student- Uncovered

The title says it all- the Class of 2010's class play basically uncovered everything. Cole Hall, our normal lecture hall, was transformed into a stage and was packed to the brim. The annual play was organized by second year medical students and featured faculty members and students in a series of skits, movies, dances, songs, off-color jokes, and innuendo.

I was there as an audience member and photographer for Synapse.
The play was absolutely hilarious. Probably because, it's nerdy humor that only we would find funny. I mean who would really think to redo Rihana's Umbrella song into a song/dance number about microorganisms called "Ellas." Or how about an anatomy number to Michael Jackson's "Thriller?" Or, a rendition of "Left my Heart in San Francisco?" about a heart surgery gone bad? Only we would do that and laugh at loud watching it.
And I can't forget the Med School Pickup Lines, which was all about using medical jargon as a way to flirt with random people at bars. "What's the point of going to medical school if it's not going to get you laid? We test out the aphrodisiac effects of our new knowledge on the San Francisco bar scene" (Class Play Program).

The Class of 2010 is very creative and has set the bar high for us first years. But I have no doubt that we will outdo the Class of 2010 with an amazing production next year.

Here is a complete list of the line-up from tonight's program (in case you are interested, which I highly doubt):

*UCSF 2010 Interview Day
*Welcome to Med School: The First Lecture
*Mission Baywatch (featuring our professors)
*The Ellas
*Left my Heart in San Francisco
*Pimp my Scope
*Top Ten List
*Jay Walking
*The Angina Monologues
*Jackasses
*The Small Group (my personal favorite)
*Med School Pickup Lines
*Robot Love
*Salsa de Microbios
*My Humps
*UCSF's Late Night Anatomy
Images: "Thriller," "Left my Heart in San Francisco," and Cole Hall Audience
All photographed tonight by yours truly

No comments: