Saturday, November 17, 2007

Lub Dub S3

If only the heart was this simple. In fact, the heart looks like nothing this. I have no idea why the heart is always represented as such. Any anatomist (or first year medical student) could identify all the innacuracies. Let's not go there...
The real heart looks something like this. But the veins are not color coded (there is no blue; just shades of red).

I can not get the heart out of my mind. I know the heart is the universal sign of love, but it has occupied my brain for other reasons. Our cardiovascular midterm is on Monday.

So, we're all getting to know the heart very well, no love here- just endless amounts of facts and understanding this incredibly complex organ.


Images:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was wondering if I could use the image that you have of the heart for my cards. I absolutely love it! thanks so much.

Kashka
lvkashka@gmail.com or 702.265.7993

Anonymous said...

oh i love that heart i have a blog here too i found it on google and it led me here so thats an awesome picture

The Listener said...

Hey can i have a pic of how a real heart looks like!! I'll be really greatful to u if u cud send me one.

Abandiaz said...

oh, I absolutely love the heart, too. I adore it.
We're studying the Thorax actually now including which the heart and we have an exam on January the 17th; Wish me luck, and I wish you all the best.