Friday, January 4, 2008

School Starts along with the Rain

"It's only 122 steps." The stranger was referring to the number of steps making up the 9 flights of stairs that take you from level I to level A. Earlier today we were experiencing some temporary power outages, so the elevator was out of the question. But I still had to deal with the torrential rains, gusty winds, and bone-chilling weather.

Is it ironic if you love to exercise but hate to climb the stairs? I face this dilemma everyday. Well, at least I can tolerate going downstairs when gravity is on my side.

Learning about Arterial Blood Gases was so much more interesting in the hallway on the bottom of the stairwell instead of in the darkness of our classroom.

Returning to San Francisco on Tuesday night brought me back to a city I love and rudely introduced me to the gloomy, cold, rainy weather I dread. Now it really starts to feel like winter.

So far our first half week has been uneventful. We said farewell to Cardio in December and we have begun Respiratory, our next Organ Block. Three days into Respiratory, I am already playing catch-up.

Although I miss the structure-less days of vacation, I am starting to settle back into a schedule and a routine. It's hard but being confined indoors makes it a little easier (or it should). We'll see..

No comments: