Friday, February 29, 2008

Mosiac Culture Show

The AIDS week of action culminated with the Mosaic Culture Show, a showcase of performances that reveal UCSF's hidden talents. Sometimes you forget that your classmates have secrets talents that go beyond studying and developing patient rapport (and these are pretty amazing talents).

Last night's event revealed the diversity of skills and talents. The performances of the Mosaic Culture Show included everything from the beautiful songs to powerful spoken word to vibrant Bhangra dancing to gyrating belly dance to novel Brazilian Martial Arts to Hula dancing to our class hip hop act. I was able to visually capture the fluid motions of the performances through my camera (the dim lighting did make for a challenging photograph session).

After seeing the variation in creativity, I can't help but feel a little under-talented. I think it's time to take the salsa and belly dancing class I have been meaning to take since college started. I guess I have now discovered my summer time recreational activity...if time permits. And maybe I can find the time to perform next year (probably not...)

Proceeds from the show will benefit HIV clinics in Africa, as well as the UCSF student-run clinics.

No comments: