Saturday, June 21, 2008

2 Days to go



Today is the first day of summer. Everyone seems to be on summer vacation. Even the library has instituted summer hours (closing @ 7 PM).

I'm not quite feeling the summer vacation vibe yet. I am still counting down days to the end of BMB. Less than 2 days ago.

It's another sunny and warm day in SF and another day staring out the window, surrounded by my best study friends (laptop, colored pens, highligthers, piles of notes, handful of drug tables (that I'll need to memerize at some time, hopefully soon), the syllabus and Neuroanatomy text book). My human friends have been telling me that I am spending way to much time around these guys.

It's coming down to the homestretch and I am sure my brain is spilling information as I sit here.

The exam marathon study homestretch has begun (and it feels I still have so much to cover and understand)! It's the point in the race, when you feel like your body is going to give up due to sheer exhausation and pain from having run the previous distance, or the feeling that comes when you are looking up at the bottom of a really steep hill right before you start running the incline, when you know your muscles are completely done before you even start.

I'm at that mental point, realizing that although there is so much to get through, there is hope that this shall end and I will be done (soon)! Just like the runner, who is motivated to cross the finish, I am inching forward through the massive amount of information to finish the first year of medical school.

2 days to go (and lots of studying and reviewing to go)!

No comments: