Monday, December 10, 2007

Interlude

Marnee Thai is by far one of the best Thai restaurants in SF. The vegetarian Pad Thai is my personal favorite. Savoring every morself of food was well worth the half-hour wait we endured.

What started as a lunch with a few classmates, turned into a party of 15 or so classmates. I absolutely love the cohesiveness that bonds us. We got together to celebrate the end of Cardio and the beginning of new friendships and the approaching Holidays.
It's hard to believe how fast the year is going. Before we know it, it will 2008!

And speaking of the Holidays, a second trip to Union Square was in order. There is nothing quite like kittens and puppies in the Macy's window that are up for adoption, strolling around the square, coming face to face with pencil-thin mannequins and being overcome with the consumerism that accompanies holidays.

Although today was our Cardio Final, we are not quite done, yet.

For the next two days, we start Clinical Interlude as a part of our Foundations of Patient Care. We are scattered all over the spectrum of medical specialities. Each of us will spend two days in different worlds, everywhere from the ED to the OR to internal medicine to psychiatry to Pediatrics to OB/GYN.

I will be spending my interlude in Internal Medicine at the UCSF Veteran Affairs Medical Center. The objectives have been laid out for us, but I have a very nebulous idea of what I will actually be doing.

I am excited and I look forward to spending my time as a part of a medical team in an in-patient setting. Hopefully, I can contribute with my new-found cardio knowledge. Well, we'll see. I just know I will have to be up extra early for the one-hour commute to to the VAMC.

Cheers to the end of Cardio!

No comments: