Friday, December 28, 2007

Little Brother Always Know Best

Musa and I are finally in agreement about something: more time off leads to more ineffectiveness. Little brothers always know best.

I also love that Musa will go out of his way to make you happy with expensive gifts or ridiculous jokes. Not to mention, Musa definitely gives amazing fashion advice (whether you like it or not); he will be first to point out an ugly sweater or color clash when he see its.

So, when I tell Musa that he is my favorite little brother, I really mean it. (He is my only younger brother, but I still mean it)

It is hard to believe that I will be returning to school in five days. And there is so much unfinished business. 15 days ago, I was just thinking how I would have all this time to do all those things I put off during the busy hours of medical school: reading, cooking, writing, exercising, reunited with friends, learning how to sew a loose button, etc...

Although, I am not nearly close to marking things off my rather ambitious list, I know I have been having an unforgettable vacation. Sure, I have not traveled farther than Sacramento (definitely no European getaway), but I have spent the days doing the most important things: enjoying the company of my dear family and friends.

Coming from a family of six kids- it is always challenging to work around six different busy schedules. Even though we spend months away from each other, when we come together- it feels just like "old times."

Change is inevitable and it does become more and more difficult to get the people you truly care about in one place at the same time increasingly challenging. Working out the logistics will remain an eternal struggle (and I dear say it does not become easier).

As a friend puts it, logistics can become the bane of your existence. I agree. But when details are workout out, schedules arranged, and we can finally get together with the people we care about (even for a short time), it makes it all worth it.

How I will miss these blissful days of nothingness, endless jokes, spontaneous adventures with my closest friends, pointless car trips, movie nights with sibling commentary, and family dinners. I suppose I'll just have to make the most of the dwindling days of vacation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad im cool