Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's Starting to Feel a Bit Like Winter

The calm before the storm. That is what this weekend is (the weekend before our Cardiovascular Final, next Monday). So, I decided to enjoy this weekend.

Food, friends, mentoring, photographs, Christmas trees, shopping-- just a few of my favorite things.

Saturday was all about Med-Link, a mentoring program that pairs medical students with high school students, who come to UCSF each month for a Saturday session that is filled with science, college, and clinical sessions. I met my mentee, MM, and learned more about her goals, family, and life.

We talked about pursuing our passions, my passion being medicine and hers being politics. MM definitely reminded me about the importance of challenging ourselves to achieve new goals and learn more about ourselves in the process. I mean you'll never know until you try, right?
***
Here are some photographs from good times on Sunday that are just reminders that it's winter (and Christmas is just around the corner), in case you have yet to brave the shopping centers.

Location: Union Square


This is one really big tree in the center of Union square. I love Christmas decorations. There is something so beautiful about red and green, glass ornaments on a pine tree, and shiny lights. I have yet to outgrow my fascination with Christmas lights and decorations lighting up a house on a dark, cold, night.
***
Well, the calm will soon evolve into a turbulent storm, as the studying really begins! Stay tuned for the never-ending excitement.

No comments: