Thursday, February 7, 2008

Journal Club

I am putting the finishing touches on my presentation for tommorrow's Clinical Sciences Journal Club meeting, which is kind of like a book club, except we only talk about clinically relevant articles.

My friend, who is the coordinator of the club, recruited me after I was wobbling off the treadmill after a long, painful run. I was all sweaty and breathless and in no position to protest. Actually, I was planning to present one day and I am actually really looking forward to my presentation. Tommorrow will be my day.

My presentation will examine the following New England Journal of Medicine Article, "A Comparison of Letrozole and Tamoxifen in Postmenopausal Women with Early Breast Cancer."
Having been personally affected by breast cancer and researched the enigmatic disease for the last three years, I am very excited about sharing the research findings about breast cancer and new treatments with my peers.

I know I can expect an audience since a lunch is provided (medical students somehow have a radar for finding the places where free food is served). The challenge then becomes capturing everyone's interest...We'll see how it goes.

No comments: