Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Weekend Looms on the Horizon

"I truly hope it rains and pours this weekend." So do I.

A classmate was telling me this yesterday as we discussed our weekend plans. The three-day weekend would be the best time to explore the city, take a brisk jog through Golden Gate Park, enjoy lunch at one of the million restaurants, or sip a cup of coffee with friends. All great activities. But the one activity most of us medical students are engaged in is even more exciting--studying for our upcoming Renal exam on Wednesday.

There is nothing quite like a sunny, fog-free day in San Francisco. I hate to miss out on it. But my attention has been diverted to mastering (or at least) understanding the cryptic filtering system that is the kidney and renal system.

Needless to say, my weekend will be spent staring at hundreds of pages of syllabus and a my computer screen, which will invariably have 10 windows open that may or may not include my e-mail, the NY times, wikipedia, facebook, med student portal, lecture powerpoints, and random distracting webpages. Ah yes, multi-tasking.

Such is the life of a medical student right before an exam. Eating, breathing, and sleeping the kidney. The prospects for a fun weekend look grim. But I will make sure to get some time in for physical activity.

The weekend does loom on the horizon as I dive (head first) into the abyss of renal review. I wish everyone else a happy weekend (with or without rain). And for all those confined to the library or study room- best of luck.

Let the studying begin....right...about...now! At least the library view is nice.
***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi... i m from malaysia... i was lookinf for some picture of the heart, accidentally found ur blog... u r in second year medical school ?

Eisha Z said...

no, first year medical school.