Sunday, February 24, 2008

Returning for M & N

You know it's time to return to reality when you have exchange your comfortable and over sized sweats, slippers and t-shirt for jeans, a fitted sweatshirt and boots. It's all about being presentable when traveling and making the two-half hour train ride back to San Francisco--ending the four carefree days of interblock vacay.

Now, that I have returned and cracked open the Metabolism and Nutrition (M & N) syllabus, I can't help but notice the length of our syllabus has increased and the font size has decreased (definitely not a good sign). And I already see myself falling behind before we even start (one day really makes the difference).

I guess it is time to strap myself in for our next seven week block. I have a nice pair of running shoes (thanks mom) to carry me through the next few months. If only the rain would subside and the sun would come out, so I can break in my shoes properly.

I am blankly staring at the syllabus. The four day vacation vanished with a blink of an eye. I did enjoy the refreshing break. I've had my fill of home-cooked meals, dessert, conversations with the younger siblings, and time spent with my mom and the cats. It's hard to return after getting a taste of vacation. But given how fast this year has gone by, it will be in no time I will be returning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you run do you alternate days? like if you're at the gym everyday do you run every other day or everyday? i find that everyday becomes too painful. so i'll alternate - running one day, something non-impact (cross-train, step) the next day, and back to running.
i seriously feel like you're my american counterpart - medical school plus gym addiction =)

the canadian

Eisha Z said...

I usually run every other day and alternate with spinning (I am pure animal of habit). It's so hard to get outside (before night), so it becomes running on the treadmill for anywhere (1.5-5 miles). I'd like to kick it up a gear and explore the beauitful Golden Gate Park trails. We'll see. I guess the gym addiction never wears off. Speaking of which, off to the gym (or maybe a quick run!)
Cheers,
E

Anonymous said...

nice!
i'm always in sf for visiting family...so last summer was the first time i was there to do any real work
that means i have had plenty of time to explore GGP - def recommend it - but keep it before dark as i'm sure you know =)
s