Monday, October 15, 2007

Getting Cootie Shots

"Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot- now I have my cootie shot."

Remember this juvenile saying kids would bounce off each other? I definitely remember this and still cringe just thinking about it.
*
I'm still unclear as to what a "cootie" is and how a "circle and dot" can remove "cooties." Kids are quite creative when it comes to developing solutions to imaginary problems.

Real shots are not fun. With the upcoming influenza (flu) season, health care providers are gearing up for the endless fevers, chills, sneezing, runny noses, and rampant spread of the virus.

Today I got my flu shot. The medical science lobby in front of the Nobel Laureate Wall was transformed into vaccine central. After filling out the green form reserved for students, I went to the S-room, waited in line, and got my flu shoot.
*
Kids were on to something, There was a circle (the band aid), a dot (the injection point), and a shot (a needle stabbed into my left shoulder). But that still leaves me unclear about how to define "cootie." Any thoughts?
***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_235a.html

hoorah for random factoids.

hope things are going well and you're enjoying this rain.