Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sweetness

I love coming home. Nothing much happening here. Lots of eating, mostly...

Just enjoying time in Davis. It's so quiet here, a nice, albeit short, change from life as a medical student and always rushing to get from Point A to B to Z and everywhere in between.

There is nothing like eating hot, spicy, savory authentic Indian/Pakistani food. And the desserts my mom makes are amazing--pure sweetness!
There is galab jaman (the friend dough balls covered in a sugar syrup), ras gulai (milky cheese balls), and barfi (blocks of buttery and milky sweetness). My descriptions do not do these desserts justice.

Oh I can't forget Baklava (see picture above); it's the best--my Achilles Heel.

I have probably consumed a zillion calories today, but it's worth every morsel of dessert. Since we start the Cardiovascular Block on Monday, it's probably best to eat the buttery, artery-clogging, sugar-saturated, packets of pure goodness now before I am fully aware of the irreparable vascular damage I am doing to my body. After that there may be less sweetness.
I guess there's always the gym...

***

No comments: