Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's official- I'm going global!

It's so awesome when you can look down, and see your photograph staring back at you (a photo you took, not a head shot) published in a newspaper. Since starting as a photographer for the Synapse, the UCSF student Newspaper, I always get excited on Thursday--print day!

Pictured above is Connie, an Aztec Dancer, I photographed from last week's edition of the Synapse.

It's the ultimate joy for a budding photographer. And what adds to the cake (the proverbial cherry on top) is when individuals personally compliment the photo. I get happy to one, see my work in print. And two, to see that my photos can evoke some sort of emotion.

To that end, writing has become my new outlet. Actually, it's blogging that gives me a chance to connect with the different segments of my world, everyone from old friends to new friends and complete strangers. And I truly appreciate the feedback I've been receiving thus far; it keeps me coming back to share the details of my life.

And now I'm going global (well kind of); my blog has been pinned to the UCSF Synapse website: http://www.ucsf.edu/synapse/blogs.html (and soon a head shot will be added, which is interesting since I wonder how readers respond when they know who is writing to them). Will I attract more readers or just scare readers off?

Time will tell. For now, I am looking forward to reporting to my blog and to an extended community.

By the way, I also just published an article in this week's (released today) Synapse about the recent demonstration surrounding SCHIP and Bush's veto, which if implemented, will take health care from uninsured children (and I thought we had enough domestic problems): http://www.ucsf.edu/synapse/articles/2007/Oct/11/schip.html

Well, off to another exciting day.

No comments: